Thursday, January 20, 2005

I have a Digital Camera

Haven't been this excited by technological innovations since I bought a cell phone four years before. I have always been reluctant to use certain "new fad" things. I resisted mobile phones for two years before I decided that a mobile phone might be of some value. I bought it when I "earned" the right to buy one. Ofcourse I abused it like crazy after I bought it.

I did not actually resist the camera so much. However, I had this self-perceived notion of being a super-hero cinematographer, a P.C Sreeram incarnation. I thought I'll buy the 1.324zaix 16.7 * (10 power 3) Mega Pixel, Giga zixel, new-year resolution, christmas resolution, SLR, bi-focal cosmic zoom, boom focus, funky, sleek sexy camera, which will make my photographs extremely awesome. So sexy that the viewers will sink in their knees in orgasmic pleasure. But I never bought such a camera. Instead I broke the only camera my dad gave me.

So now a combination of divine intervention and the love of two well-meaning souls has left me gifted and richer by a digital camera. I am clicking to my heart's delight. I literally shoot at sight :-) This thing can be connected to the TV. I Have clicked about 600 pictures so far. My laptop is overflowing with pictures. Anybody who comes to my house is snapped and then shown on TV. I live on the fifth floor ( don't laugh its the only five story building in my neighborhood)so I have a good view of things. I have been photopgraphing people walking on streets, sunrise, sunset, people sleeping (i am told all of the last three is supposed to be bad omen/inauspicious...). Experimenting with a variety of angles and poses ( we are still on the topic of photography) has been quite interesting. I notice people dont "live" life nowadays. Ah.. the pleasure of simple things in the world is just awesome.

So from now onwards watch out for pictures in my blog.

Song Playing while writing this blog:: Champagne Supernova by Oasis

1 comment:

Arvind said...

Hey Badri!
I managed to visit your blog at last. Very good articles, impeccable writing.
Good to have a means of keeping in touch. On the topic, isn't digital photography great? I think its wonderful. I almost never print photos these days - they are all on my computer. Picasa is great to store photo albums - I hope you're already using it. I'd love to see some of your best pictures, I notice that none have made it to the blog yet.
Also, I find kite aerial photography (KAP) fantastic but I doubt that I will ever do it myself. Check some excellent pics at http://thehaefners.com/kap/