Note: Read my blog disclaimer. S.Ve. Sekhar would have named it 'Tenant Commandments'
In case you are carried away by the hype - here are some myth breakers.
- Time to travel from your house to your neighbor's house. (a) 2 Wheeler - 4 years (b)4 Wheelers 700 Years (c) Big 4 wheelers - 3752 Years (d) If you plan to park - Impossible
- There are no roads in Bangalore. Vehicles travel in the gaps between houses. They fondly remember it as roads even though there is no trace of tar on them.
- While they claim to speak Hindi and speak something they think is Hindi - its not Hindi. Unless the scale of reference is Madras - Bangalore has no hindi speaking population. Yes! there are many north Indians who have settled down in Bangalore but they dont own shops, drive autos or work in Govt buildings.
- Tamil isnt spoken in Bangalore either.
- Did I say they dont have any roads in Bangalore?
- Commercial establishments are open 4 hours a day. They also break for lunch for 4 hours.
- Houses in Bangalore have commodes exactly in the center of the bathroom. You have to cross the commode to get the the bath area and when you come back out of the bathroom you have to cross the commode again.
- Autos cheat in Bangalore.
- Dont yell at other vehicles on the road if they violate road rules (which is extremely rampant in Bangalore). Its not Madras where they listen to you yelling 'idiot' and continue diving like a domesticated cows. Auto drivers in Bangalore are just looking for an excuse to pick up a fight.
- It is the only place in the world where people drive 2-wheelers on pavements. I swear I have never seen anything as uncivilized as this. These people are the so-called software engineers, who are stupid and uncivilized.
In short living in Bangalore is like living in a foreign country, with strange language and stange habits, but with horrible living standards. If you cant live in your home town there is no point returning.