What is RTI?
It is called Right To Information Initiative.
What is this?
This is a citizens’ initiative whose objective is to spread awareness among fellow citizens about effecting a transparent and accountable government.
Can you tell me more about this?
• Aim to encourage participatory democracy.
• Use legal and constitutional methods to achieve its objective.
• Not be an NGO or a political organization.
• Strive to be a people’s movement.
• Be built on the effort of volunteers who will spend less than three hours a week on projects pertaining to this initiative.
• Not require solicitation of funds/donations from volunteers.
Here is more on whats happening to RTI. Again .... Please go to Anti's blog and Anti's blog. He has accurately summed up in these 3 posts as to what RTI is all about (reminds of of Einstein and his driver joke but lets not get into that).
Where is it?
Want to change your world? Join the Tamil Nadu Right to Information Initiative. Drop in at the the address given below between 9am and 5pm one of these days.
Bharatiyar Ninaivu Illam,
No 83, TP Koil Street,
There is a national RTI campaign on right now (from July 1 - July 15). NDTV & CNN-IBN have been giving good coverage to the campaign. Tamilnadu junta are starting it this week. ChennaiRTI and a few NGOs are working together for the TN arm of the campaign. For logistical reasons, the Chennai part of the campaign starts on Wednesday.
Is anybody Blogging about it?
Okay Now moving on to Flyer 1
Here is Flyer 2