Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I love Apple - iPod

As I mentioned before here, my iPod crapped out on me, less than 2 weeks after I bought it. I went to the Apple store. There is a panel called Genius Bar, which helps out with your Apple related problems.

I went there. The person connected my iPod to his computer and grimaced "Oh! my gawd". I looked at hime and he said "This is dead". Before I could say another word, he replaced my iPod with a new one

Thanks to Da Jillako. for the timely advice. Please visit Arvind's site for tech related stuff.

6 comments:

Filtered Sambhar said...

chaa....test panna vidamatingerele! parava illa i will seek another opp...ivane eppadiyavadu correct pannanom!

Arvind said...

I love's Apple's customer service! Good to see you have a working iPod now. The Genius Bar is a good place to get help even after the warranty ends but it is very unlikely that you will have hardware defects fixed after the warranty ends. The only option to extend the warranty is to buy AppleCare for the iPod, you can extend the warranty to 3 years from 1.

Hawkeye said...

filtered,

i cant say. this ipod may crap out too.

Hawkeye said...

arvind,

the guy was taken aback when i said, "i bough this two weeks ago". he thought i was lying and said " we havent been selling this for 3 years". Then i told him it was a refurbished model etc. he checked it out (s. No ) and was satisfied.

he said the old iPod was totally gone. damaged. and replace dit in 5 mins.

Aditi said...

I had my i-pod replaced twice free of cost!
But not after two weeks and all.Quite some time.
And now,after 4 years,it's still in fine shape.The earphones wore out yesterday.
I must take good care of my gadgets,no?

Aditi said...

My i-pod was replaced twice free of cost.But after quite some time.It's been 4 years now and it's still in fine shape.The earphones wore out just yesterday.Only one ear.
I must take good care of my gadgets,no?!