Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wii

I played tennis on this Wii thing yesterday. I have to admit this is addictive. In the excitement I played game after game and ended up with a pain on the wrists and elbow. Though this really isn't that unusual for men, I wasn't happy to wake up and learn that Wii leaves you sore the morning after also. I wonder why this isn't a huge drawback for Wii. The joystick (sort of thing) simulates a tennis racquet and we have to stand in front of the TV move our hands and actually hit the shot for it to be simulated in the video game. This may look funny to someone who cannot see the TV. Two people standing, swatting their wrists on the air and swearing is really funny. The only disappointing thing about Wii is - all you do is move your wrists in a sling-shot manner and the game takes care of the actual stroke. I tried moving my wrists in many different variations but it did not significantly alter the strokes on screen (although there seemed to be a slight correlation).

4 comments:

anantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anantha said...

I would have been amused if you had said "Though this really isn't that unusual for some men". Instead your wording actually reassures me!

Hawkeye said...

anti,

wall practice b4 tennis is not bad. only natural

anantha said...

Aaah ok.. My mind took it in a different context. Sorry ba!