Saturday, September 15, 2007
Ajit Agarkar For Captain
I think the press and the BCCI are insulting India's greatest ever cricketer by not even considering his name. He is the best choice for the following reasons
1. Match Winner
2. Guaranteed Place in Test, ODI, Twenty20 teams for next 10 years
3. Guaranteed to play in 2011 and 2015 world cups
4. His performance cannot drop below his current levels because of captaincy pressures
5. The only cricket player to have delivered consistent performance all through his career.
6. Can be relied upon to deliver during crunch situations.
7. Tries his level best to ensure victory even if situation is dire.
8. Will never fail to deliver on people's expectations.
What more does anybody want? Can anybody contest/dispute even one of the above-mentioned 8 points? Just try, I say.