Does the Election Commission think that 55% polling attendance is vague data that is ambiguous or hard to read into? Do they think that the other 45% are desperately trying to vote but are missing out because they get into last-minute car accidents, emergencies, miss the deadline, don't have fingers (so can't put that ink) etc.?
Imagine the voter, who thinks this is cool. Its like you walked from Madras to Thirupathi and then walked up the hill to Thirumalai, waited 15 hours in a queue - just to tell cheenu that you are an atheist and you aren't interested in praying to him.
P.S: This may be old news for people who follow politics but I just found out about it.