Friday, September 23, 2011

Pataudi

I have never seen him play. So I am unable to indulge in fake condolence that involves words like 'elegance' 'class' etc. More importantly, I don't care whether a blackbuck lives or dies. I actually have no idea what a blackbuck is.

The thing I am unable to comprehend is - although many people share with me the traits that I have mentioned above - a subset of them still choose to eulogize Pataudi and another subset chooses to criticize him for killing a blackbuck. Hard to figure out which group I should criticize first.

7 comments:

SathyaRam said...

You should criticize British for leaving titles such as Nawab etc. in a republican stage

Dr.Dheep said...

Brahmin boys are traditionally required to wear a strip of unleathered hide from the blackbuck after performing Upanayanam. (Src:Wikipedia) It is a majestic beast.

Kaushik said...

Well said :). There are million posts on facebook and twitter like these that drive me crazy.

Anonymous said...

Why do you think the people who have praised him have not seen him play?

Anonymous said...

The way one conducts oneself in the public eye is what measures class. Start by criticizing people who assume class has something to do with the sport one played.

Sreekrishnan said...

You could Thank him for giving you Saif Ali Khan? I'm use you have watched his films? Or worst Soha Ali Khan?

Hawkeye said...

anon,

i have seen maybe 1-2 interviews of pataudi in my entire life and have had no opportunities to see him conduct himself in public to differentiate him from chandrakant pandit or vijay hazare.